Symptoms of cataracts include:
- Cloudy, hazy or foggy vision
- Sensitivity to light and glare
- Poor night vision
- Halos around light sources
- Yellow-tinted or faded colors
- Difficulty distinguishing colors
- Difficulty distinguishing between images and their background
- Double vision
If you are experiencing these symptoms, your eye doctor may perform a number of different tests to determine if cataracts are present. Some of these symptoms belong to other eye conditions as well.
Tests may include reading a vision chart, so the doctor can measure the quality of your vision at various distances. Your eye doctor may also dilate your pupils to examine your retina.
To learn more about cataract surgery in the greater Kansas City, Missouri area, please contact the experienced ophthalmologists at Silverstein Eye Centers to schedule a consultation.